We pride ourselves on offering a friendly welcome to visiting companies. Our technically equipped space is extremely flexible and is perfect for hosting all manner of events from performances to parties.
- The theatre has a seated capacity of 60 people and a standing capacity of 80 people
A STANDARD THEATRE HIRE COMPRISES:
- A public event with a duration of 90 mins including interval
- Access to the venue from 4:00pm on the day of the event
- Use of the Dressing Room from 4:00pm on the day of the event
THE SERVICE WE PROVIDE:
- List your event on The Marlborough Theatre website
- Provide a front of house/box office service during your event
- Sell tickets online (via www.brownpapertickets.co.uk) and over the bar in advance (cash only)
- ( 1 Facebook Post sharing your event)
- Retweet any tweets that you mention the Marlborough in
- Display up to 5 posters in the pub on delivery
- provide you with a list of media contacts on request
- send information of your show to local listings service
Please note we have a small part time team at the Marlborough, we don’t have the capacity to offer marketing beyond what’s detailed above.. The main responsibility for marketing the show lies with the hiring company.
- For all pricing see our Marlborough Theatre & Green Room Hires Rates document
- Artists/Companies always keep 100% of box office income
- Please note, our Hires Manager will be in correspondence with your company about your technical needs, and will welcome you into the building however if you require them to also operate your show that will incur a cost of £15 an hour.
- If you would like to present an event over multiple nights (e.g. week long run) we can offer reduced rates to hire
- We regret that the theatre is not currently wheelchair accessible
- You will be required to work with our venue manager to arrange your tech needs. They will also be on hand to welcome you into the space, ensure you have the equipment you need and assist with the build & break down of your show. This is included in the hire price.
- If you require our technician to also operate your production, this will be an additional cost of £15 per additional hour which can be arranged directly with them.
- The Marlborough Theatre is available for rehearsals at half day & daily rates. For all pricing see our Marlborough Theatre Green Room and Hires fees document.
- Download The Marlborough Theatre’s Technical Specification
- Download the Stage Plan of The Marlborough Theatre
- Download the Lighting Plan of The Marlborough Theatre
- info[@]marlboroughtheatre.org.uk please note our office is staffed part time, so the quickest way to get a response is via email.
HIRING THE BAR:
- The Marlborough Pub is available to hire for parties and events we have two spaces – The Theatre Bar – 30 capacity & The Disciples Bar – 60 capacity
- We have also have a range of DJs and entertainment we can recommend
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any bar booking enquiries