We pride ourselves on offering a friendly welcome to visiting companies. Our technically equipped space is extremely flexible and is perfect for hosting all manner of performances.
Theatre Hire for Performance is £150 with you keeping 100% of the income.
- Support from our Venue Manager/ Technician who will be available to work with you and operate your show for 5 hours from 6pm
- A contribution to insurance
- A contribution to the Venue
- Front of House Staff costs
- Artists/Companies always keep 100% of box office income
- If you would like to present an event over multiple nights (e.g. week long run) we can offer reduced rates
- For all pricing see our Marlborough Theatre & Green Room Hires Rates document
A STANDARD THEATRE HIRE FOR PERFORMANCE COMPRISES:
- A public event with a duration of 90 mins including interval
- Access to the venue from 6:00pm on the day of the event
- Use of the Dressing Room from 6:00pm on the day of the event
THE SERVICE WE PROVIDE:
- List your event on The Marlborough Theatre website
- Provide a front of house/box office service during your event
- Sell tickets online (via www.brownpapertickets.co.uk) and over the bar in advance (cash only)
- 1 Facebook Post sharing your event
- Retweet any tweets that you mention the Marlborough in (@marlboroughbtn)
- Display up to 5 posters in the pub on delivery
- provide you with a list of media contacts on request
- send information of your show to local listings service
Please note we have a small part time team at the Marlborough, we don’t have the capacity to offer marketing beyond what’s detailed above.. The main responsibility for marketing the show lies with the hiring company.
- The theatre has a seated capacity of 60 people and a standing capacity of 80 people
We regret that the theatre is not currently wheelchair accessible
Your hire fee includes 5 hours with our Venue Manager from 6pm on the day of your show, they will be on hand to arrange your tech needs, assist with the build & break of your show and operate your show. We will connect you up with Chiron once your hire deposit is paid and they will be in touch about your needs. If you require extra tech time this will cost £15 per hour.
If you are bringing your own technician the venue manager will still be on site and included in your hire price.We understand that events have different needs and we are able to be flexible with the conditions outlined above. If you are interested in hiring the theatre please email.
The Marlborough Theatre is available for rehearsals at half day & daily rates. For all pricing see our Marlborough Theatre Green Room and Hires fees document.
- Download The Marlborough Theatre’s Technical Specification
- Download the Stage Plan of The Marlborough Theatre
- Download the Lighting Plan of The Marlborough Theatre
- hire[@]marlboroughtheatre.org.uk please note our office is staffed part time, so the quickest way to get a response is via email. Please email with a little about your event and leave your contact number.
HIRING THE BAR:
- The Marlborough Pub is available to hire for parties and events we have two spaces –
- The Theatre Bar – 30 capacity & The Disciples Bar – 60 capacity
- We have also have a range of DJs and entertainment we can recommend
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any bar booking enquiries